New in Logic Pro 10.6.2
New features and enhancements
- Fixes an issue where high latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for side-chain routing and automation.
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro may quit unexpectedly when using Bass Amp Designer under Rosetta 2 on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Improved stability when using Audio Units running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Logic Pro no longer becomes unresponsive when quickly changing presets on the Vintage Organ.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when renaming Arrangement Markers after a Marker Set has been created
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Explode Folders is selected for a folder in the Score.
- Large sample-based instruments now load more quickly.
- The playhead no longer appears to be stuck when playback is started after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Performance is improved in large projects in which the Console 1 Lua script is installed.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Manually created slices in Quick Sampler are now properly assigned to pads when converted to a Drum Machine Designer kit.
- Optimizing the Loop Start/End in Quick Sampler now updates the loop playback range as expected.
- Automating Smart Controls to modulate Envelope 1 Attack in Sampler now sounds correct when the display shows the value returned to 0.
- MIDI Live Loops cells that are set to Play from Playhead Position now play back in sync when triggered while the project is playing.
- Resolves an issue in which some multi-output Audio Unit software instruments showed more outputs than were actually available.
- MIDI effect Audio Unit plug-ins running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon now output MIDI as expected.
- Controls View is now available on Audio Units running natively on on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Performance is improved when streaming audio to Elektron hardware using the Elektron Overbridge plug-in.
- The Mixer now displays correctly after Hide buttons on several tracks have been enabled.
- Time Machine volumes can no longer be selected as the destination when relocating the Sound Library.
- Resolves an issue in which relocating the Sound Library to an external drive was not possible.
- Automation of toggled parameters for Audio Unit plug-ins now work as expected.
Export and bounce
- Regions that are bounced in place are now named based on the Track, rather than the Channel Strip.
- Edits applied with the Fade tool to multiple selected regions now work as expected.
- Fixes an issue where touching the Limiter level parameter in the Smart Controls can cause an unexpected drop in level.
- The names of sub-tracks in a software instrument track stack now display properly.
MIDI controllers and control surfaces
- Resolves several issues with Lua script support for control surfaces.
- When a Drum Machine Designer track is selected, control surfaces now display the channel strip as Drum Machine Designer instead of displaying the name of the audio plug-in on the first insert slot.
- If the left and right locators are set to the same position and Cycle is enabled, putting Logic Pro into play mode now disables Cycle.
- Fixes an issue where the playhead might not respond correctly after the Mac wakes from sleep.
- A highlighted Marquee section is now dismissed after it is Option-dragged to copy the selection.
- Marquee selections are now deselected after the Repeat function is used.