Knoxville, TN, October 21, 2020 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, is now offering a new series of Waves Premium Masterclasses – exclusive to Waves Update Plan owners.
In this new series from Waves, the world’s best producers and engineers share with you, in depth, a production, recording or mixing topic close to their heart.
Waves’ first Premium Masterclass features hip-hop legend Young Guru, the GRAMMY®-winning producer and mix engineer behind some of the greatest hits in hip-hop history. For the past 25 years, Guru has worked side by side with the biggest names in the game, including Jay-Z, Beyoncé, The Carters, Rihanna, Kanye West, and many more.
In his Waves Premium Masterclass, titled “The Art of Subtractive EQ,” Young Guru goes deep into his signature vocal mixing techniques, and explains how you can master “the lost art of subtractive EQ.” Among the topics covered:
- How to approach your mix with a better understanding of the musical context
- How crucial it is to apply subtractive EQ along with compression to properly shape the vocal chain
- How to use subtractive EQ to make sure that problem frequencies and resonances in each track don’t get amplified in later stages of the mix
- How to mix several vocalists and rappers in a modern hip-hop production
- Subtractive EQ techniques for melodic vocals vs. rap vocals
- How to create vocal space in the playback for a full immersive mix.
The Waves Premium Masterclasses series is exclusive to Waves Update Plan owners. The Waves Update Plan is included free for one year with every Waves plugin or bundle purchase, and is renewable at any point afterwards.