Avid sent an email to all their users to advise them of the release of Pro Tools 2019.6, which resolves issues where interruptions in internet connectivity can cause Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools Ultimate to delete local (offline) Projects.
2019.6 does also bring a couple of new features including making Heat available to more Pro Tools users, and Avid have squashed a number of bugs with 2019.6.
Important install update regarding Pro Tools products
This email is to inform you that Pro Tools 2019.6 (released today) resolves an issue we uncovered where interruptions in internet connectivity can cause Pro Tools | First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools | Ultimate to delete local (offline) Projects. We escalated this issue with high priority, identified the cause, and have delivered a fix with this release. It is advised that you install this update if you are using cloud storage. For more information please refer to the Release Notes and visit your Avid Master Account to manage your Pro Tools license.
Thank you again for being an Avid customer, and we appreciate your continued support.
The Avid Pro Tools Team
Complete list of changes
MTRX DigiLink I/O Card Support
Provides interface support for MTRX DigiLink I/O Card
The HEAT software option can now be used with both Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate. Previously, HEAT was only supported with Pro Tools | Ultimate. To learn more about HEAT, go here.
Cloud / Collaboration
- Locally saved Projects will no longer be deleted when using an unstable internet connection. (PT-252067)
- Fixed a Pro Tools crash that may occur after removing VCA spills from the Avid S6 surface. (PT-252119)
- VCA Bus knobs are once again updating when making adjustments to VCA member tracks. (PT-251990)
Crashes / Errors
- Fixed a crash that may occur when opening a session on a playback engine device that doesn’t support the selected sample rate. (PT-252206/PT-251803)
- Fixed a case where sessions created/saved in Pro Tools | Ultimate would crash when opened in Pro Tools software. (PT-252267)
- Fixed a case where some options would not display in the Varispeed Elastic Audio plug-in “Elastic Properties” window. (PT-251842)
- Fixed a hang that may occur after making an edit when the “Separate Clip On All Related Takes” preference is enabled (PT-251516)
- Prevented some cases where keystrokes would be dropped immediately after signing into your Avid account. (PT-251515)
- Fixed a memory leak when linking to files with a very large interleave index. (PT-249986)
- Fixed a case where the wrong video engine project format is selected when importing a new video file. (PT-252143/PT-251509)
- A space is once again allowed as a track name when renaming tracks. (PT-252019)
- The “New Tracks” dialog will no longer appear when using the “New Paths” key command in the IO Setup window for a second consecutive time. (PT-251554)
- Fixed an issue where solo’d tracks would no longer be heard if soloing multiple times during playback on a non-HDX system with AFL mode enabled. (PT-251511)