Avid today announced the immediate availability of a new version of EUCON software. The update introduces enhanced functionality to all Avid audio control surfaces, including Pro Tools® | S6, Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, and Artist™ Mix, as well as Pro Tools | Control, Avid’s free iOS iPad app. It includes new monitoring control, ICON-style scroll and Intelligent Attention workflows, allowing customers to deliver superior mixes even faster.
EUCON is Avid’s open, high-speed Ethernet control protocol that allows its control surfaces to connect to a variety of Avid and third-party creative audio and video software solutions, delivering integrated control over multiple applications and workstations, resulting in increased efficiencies and cost-effective workflow expansions. EUCON is currently supported by a wide cross-section of Macintosh- and Windows-based applications, including Pro Tools, Media Composer®, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Premiere, Audition and many more.
EUCON 2019.5 delivers:
- Full EUCON Monitoring Control from the Pro Tools | Control App
- Controls any EUCON-enabled monitoring system (Pro Tools | MTRX, XMON, D-MON, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase and Pyramix) from an iPad
- Sections of the control surface can be locked for dedicated monitor control while the rest of the controls can be used to mix another DAW
- Full control of Source Selection, Speaker Cuts, Talkback and Cues
- Free Pro Tools | Control App can be used standalone or integrated with Pro Tools | Dock for physical knobs and Softkey buttons
- ICON-style “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” for EUCON Surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- EUCON surfaces now Scroll and put the top/left most track onto strip one when activated in Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Pan and Send Window opening and closing (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- In addition to the current Plugin Window opening and closing from a control surface, the Pan and Send Windows optionally now follow those function selections from the surface
- New knob/joystick touch option to show windows gives increased speed and visibility
- New Intelligent Attention workflows from Pro Tools for all surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- Users now choose what associated track parameters will be mapped to the surface when attentioned
- The Surface also can focus the clicked Function to the Attention Track knobs. If a user clicks on a Pan in Pro Tools, it will attention that track and then focus the Pan knobs on the surface
- S6 GPIO Fader Start and Softkey Control (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Control Softkeys from GPIs and activate GPOs from Softkeys
- Assign one or more Faders to GPIs for External Fader Control
- S6 Enhanced KVM support (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Ethernet control of Thinklogical KVMs matrix switches
- Added dual monitor switching
- Source and destination naming for Thinklogical and IHSE KVMs
EUCON 2019.5 is available now as a free update for Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, Pro Tools | Control and Artist Series control surfaces, and to Pro Tools | S6 customers on valid support contracts. For more information, visit www.avid.com.