Building on API’s rich heritage of providing extremely high-quality recording consoles to the audio community, API proudly announces the AES introduction of the new 1608-II Recording and Mixing console. API’s 1608-II adds new and powerful features to the already hugely successful 1608 console, and was carefully designed to continue API’s tradition of crafting the world’s most sought-after analog recording consoles.
Since the introduction of the 1608 in 2008, API has delivered over 600 consoles and expanders to discerning audio professionals throughout the world. Given the success of the original 1608, API’s Engineering team focused much of their efforts on making the 1608-II even more intuitive to use, including a layout upgrade to the Auxiliary Masters, the inclusion of 4 automatable Stereo Returns, and a revamp of the Control Room section of the console to provide even smoother and easier workflow.
“Also new to the 1608-II is API’s optional cross-platform Final TouchTM automation system,” notes API Director of Engineering Todd Humora. “Final Touch is a step up from the already excellent automation system that was offered with the original 1608. Not only is it equipped with an easy-to-navigate touch screen, but moving forward, Final Touch mixes can also be shared among API consoles that feature Final Touch. For example, now you can record tracks on a 1608-II console and Final Touch allows you to mix those tracks on a Legacy AXS or Vision console. This is a major step in convenience that Producers, Engineers and Mixers have been asking for.”
Built to the same standard of excellence as the Vision, Legacy AXS, 2448, 1608 and The BOX consoles, the 1608-II continues API’s nearly 50 year legacy of combining functionality and reliability with the unmistakable warmth of the API sound.
- 16, 32, or 48 Input Channel Frame sizes
- Each channel equipped with Mic Pre and Equalizer
- Accepts API 500 Series Equalizers
- 8 Multitrack Buses
- 8 Auxiliary Buses
- 1 Stereo Bus
- 4 Stereo Returns, 100mm faders (manual or automated) with Multitrack and Stereo Bus assign
- Full Center Section Control
- Surround 5.1 Center Section Monitoring
- Classic Analog Metering
- Global 0dB Fader Bypass
- Comprehensive Rear Panel IO Connectivity
Final TouchTM Motorized Fader Automation System
Derived from API’s Vision Automation System used extensively in the Vision, Legacy Plus and AXS consoles, API now offers optional Final Touch fader automation for the 1608-II console. Final Touch automation combines system reliability, user flexibility and operational simplicity and offers a host of features found only in the most expensive and sophisticated console automation systems typically costing many times more. Consoles can be factory-fitted with Final Touch automation prior to delivery, and existing 1608-II consoles can be retrofitted with Final Touch automation.
New: In addition to the 1608-II, API’s Final Touch automation systems are available for the flagship Vision console, the Legacy AXS, and the new 2448. This allows for mix files to be easily transferred across any of these API console products.
Final Touch Automation Features:
- Reliable, self-contained system requiring no external computer
- Individual Switch Control on each fader
- Global Control Panel in the console Center Section
- Hi Resolution 7.5″ Touch Screen Control
- Files are easily saved to standard memory cards
- Automated Mute and Insert switches on each channel
- Unlimited Fader Groups with 2 dedicated Group Master Faders
- Motorized Stereo Program Fader
- 4 Motorized Stereo Returns
- DAW Control with unity gain audio bypass
- Unlimited Mix Restore points
- Comprehensive Operations Manual
For more information, contact:
Dan Zimbelman, Sales Director: (410) 330-8079
Mark Seman, Sales: (301) 776-7879, ext. 211
Dave Hintze, Sales: (301) 776-7879, ext. 212