LITTLE FERRY, NJ, USA: Eventide is proud to announce availability of the SP2016 Reverb plug-in — perfectly recreating a classic collection of reverb algorithms from its history-making SP2016, pro audio’s first rackmount multi-effects processor — as of October 1st…
The original SP2016 introduced the concept of ‘plug-ins’ to a perplexed pro audio world way back in 1982! Revered for its signature reverbs by mix and recording engineers like Mick Guzauski, Roy Hendrickson, George Massenburg, Dave Pensado and Allen Sides, to name but a notable few, the SP2016 can be heard on countless hit records, from Madonna to Mariah Carey and Adele to Eminem.
“The classic Eventide SP2016 has always been my go to reverb. It has the unique ability to make vocals, instruments and drums sit perfectly in a mix. The new SP2016 plug-in now gives us all access to this incredible reverb, and no one is happier about this than me!” said legendary mix engineer Dave Pensado.
Precisely modelling every aspect of those hardware units was neither quick nor easy, but today the must-have sonic beauty bestowed by these reverb classics can be applied to anything — in-the-box or live.
- Three distinct room types each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffuse, and use higher bit resolution.
- Room: Basic no-nonsense, no-frills ambient “room.” The extreme Pre-Delay range makes it possible to use this effect for reverberant doubling and single echoes.
- Stereo Room: Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation.
- Hi-Density Plate: Plate reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a big, heavy plate allowing you to make vocals, guitars and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they actually are.
- Unique Position control allows you to take your listeners from the back of the room all the way to the stage while retaining all of your other settings.
- Control the structure of the reverb by fine-tuning the controls — including Pre Delay, Decay, Position and Diffusion. The EQ section allows for simple high and low filtering of the reverb with adjustable filter ranges. The low filter can be used to cut OR boost at the specified frequency.
- Boasts a variety of artist presets including some by Dave Pensado, Joe Chiccarelli, Richard Devine, Sasha, George Massenberg, The Butcher Bros., Buda &Grandz, Erin Tonkon and more.
The new SP2016 Reverb is available as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac and PC, at an introductory price or $79 USD thru October 31, 2018. (MSRP $249 USD). Owners of Eventide’s 2016 Stereo Room or Anthology XI can crossgrade for $29 during the promo period.