Universal Audio is proud to introduce the Apollo X Series of Thunderbolt 3 rackmount audio interfaces — the biggest leap forward for their award-winning Apollo line in history — available now for Mac* and Windows users worldwide.
Featuring all-new, elite-class A/D and D/A conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time — the Apollo X range is further distinguished by its ability to run Unison mic preamp models from Neve, Manley, API, Helios, and SSL,** plus selectable +24 dBu operating levels, and comprehensive Surround Sound monitoring support for 5.1 and 7.1 formats.†
New Apollo X Interface Series Features:
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
- Switchable +24 / +20 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
- Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more
Apollo | x16 — $3,499
The flagship Apollo x16 boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB) of any Thunderbolt audio interface on the market. This 18 x 20 interface is the perfect solution for commercial studios, mix rooms, and post production facilities.
Apollo | x8p — $2,999
Apollo x8p features eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, allowing producers and engineers to track drums and larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more. With 129 dB dynamic range and switchable +24 dBu headroom settings, the 18 x 22 Apollo x8p rivals any high-end converter on the market.
Apollo | x8 — $2,499
Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, making it the ideal studio centerpiece for music producers, project, and post-production studios. Apollo x8 provides elite-class 129 dB dynamic range, switchable +24 dBu operation, and 18 x 24 connectivity.
Apollo | x6 — $1,999
Apollo x6 is ideal for electronic music producers and post-production studios, featuring two Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs, 129 dB dynamic range, 5.1 Surround support, and 16 x 22 connectivity.
*Mac Pro (Late 2013 / “black cylinder” model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2014. **Apollo X interfaces include the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately. †Surround sound features coming Q4 2018.