SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • March 20th, 2018 — Universal Audio is proud to release the Neve Preamp plug-in — giving users the clarity, grit, and complex class‑A saturation of the legendary Neve mic preamplifier in a simple two-knob plug-in that’s perfect for UA Audio Interface owners.
The Neve microphone preamp is an undisputed audio masterpiece, adding the genuine Neve sheen, richness, and thick musical detail to any signal that passes through it. The pinnacle of Neve preamp design is the classic 1073 module with EQ, but Neve also briefly produced the 1290 module — a rare, preamp-only version of the 1073.
The Neve Preamp plug-in combines sonic attributes and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs and provides all the features, bandwidth, and attitude of Rupert Neve’s original hardware design, as heard on countless classic recordings. By thoroughly modeling the dual-stage “Red Knob” preamp and output amplifier with obsessive detail, the Neve Preamp plug-in replicates the sound and behavior of the original preamp with stunning accuracy.
Owners of UA Audio Interfaces can now track through an iconic Neve preamp in real time, with a low DSP use vintage analog channel. The Neve Preamp also supports Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology, giving UA Audio Interface users the Neve preamp’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a recording icon.
UAD-2 hardware owners can also employ the Neve Preamp plug-in for mixing and tone shaping — without ever leaving the box. Thanks to its lower DSP usage, you can easily place Neve Preamp plug-in instances across multiple channels, turning your favorite DAW into a classic Neve console.
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of the legendary class-A, Neve mic preamp, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
- Combines sonic attributes and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs
- Thoroughly modeled dual-stage “Red Knob” preamp and output amplifier
- Unison technology for UA Audio Interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the classic Neve preamp, including precise impedance matching
- Lower DSP usage for plug-in instances across multiple channels