The quality is legendary. Designed and built in England, the modern-day 1073SPX is produced to the exact specifications of the original with matched components to ensure the sound remains true.
The 1073SPX has a Neve 1073® Class A design microphone preamplifier, with 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and high pass filter, which adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the genuine Neve sound.
Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073SPX introduces extra functionality with integrated DI input, phantom power, selectable Insert feature, level meters, output level control and front input connectors for easy and direct connection of microphones and instruments. The 19” rack-mount 1U unit includes an external multi-voltage PSU
An optional Digital I/O module (to be announced early 2018) can be fitted into the 1073SPX and provides AES and FireWire digital connectivity at a range of sample rates. Mastering-grade converters are used and the simple configuration and convenience of digital connectivity make the 1073SPX the ultimate front-end for capturing the best possible recordings.
- Genuine Neve 1073 transformer-coupled microphone preamplifier / EQ circuit, in a single 1U 19″ rack mount enclosure
- Exclusive Neve Marinair™ transformers used on input and output stages
- Convenient connections for Mic, Line & DI inputs on front of unit, with switchable mic/line input connections on the rear of the unit
- Switchable +48v Phantom Power, Hi/Lo impedance, -20dB pad and DI ground lift on the input stage
- Switchable Phase, and EQ in/out
- Insert send and return loop feature allows external equipment to be connected easily to the 1073SPX audio chain, such as mono limiter/compressors;
- Pre-EQ insert send/return – a line level send is available from the mic-preamp output stage and a return just before the EQ stage
- Post-EQ insert send/return – a line level send is available from the post-EQ stage and a return just before the main output stage
- 7-stage LED signal level meter – can show mic/line/DI input-stage level, EQ-stage level or output-stage level up to +24dB
- Output level control
- External multi-voltage PSU
- Optional Digital I/O module
See the 1073SPX on the AMS Neve/Professional Audio Design Stand (#548) at the AES Show in NYC.
Optional digital I/O card (to be announced early 2018) can be easily retro-fitted to existing units.